Monday, April 30, 2012

Three Weeks Post-Op Update

Today is three weeks from surgery and all seems to be going well. I saw both docs three days ago and they are THRILLED with the results. I cannot believe how small the scars are on the breast area. Even though the scars are long, they are thin and I’m just amazed how they look in only three weeks. I can’t imagine how great they will look once we get further down the road.

I’m spending this week trying to get out a bit more so I can continue to build stamina to get back to putting in 8 hours a day at work. Right now I still get very tired once I exert energy.  It’s a process.

I’m attempting to come off the pain meds today. We will see how that goes. I still have tightness in my belly, the occasional cramping in my chest and I still have one drain in the lower left abdomen. The doctors told me that since I didn’t have a ton of fat, they had to take it all, which left my stomach VERY tight – more tight than normal patients which is why I have so much pain there.

I see the doctor a week from today so hopefully, they will take the drain out and give me clearance to go back to work.

Right now, I am not allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds or lift my arms over my head for six weeks. I also have to sleep on my back with two pillows under my knees for six weeks. I’m not sleeping great as I’m normally a side or stomach sleeper.

Regardless, I am incredibly thankful to finally see a light at the end of this journey. You have no idea how amazing this feels.

Love,
Marcy


No comments:

Post a Comment