Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Two Weeks Post-Op Update

Just wanted to give you an update as yesterday was two weeks post-op. Things are progressing nicely. I’ve been able to shower on my own for the past four days. And I’m walking a bit more (still only inside thee house), but not as hunched over as I was. The tightness in my stomach still does not allow me to stand completely upright, but I’m getting better every day.

My mom brought me home Sunday and it has been great to sleep in my own bed – even if I have to lay on my back with my legs propped up with two pillows and not move – it is still great to be home. Plus, the kitties have been super intuitive about not getting on me – typically, they love to lay on me and they won’t be able to for a long time. They are finding other ways to get their affection by laying by me, but not on me.

I saw the doctor yesterday. She took out the remaining stomach staples and two more drains. All I have left is one drain which should come out Friday on my next appointment plus the remaining sutures.

Right now my days recovering are being spent by doing work in the morning on my computer for my job and whatever chores I need done around the house as I have the most energy in the mornings. I can’t do much as I’m not allowed to lift over 5 lbs. until six weeks post-surgery. I’ve got friends bringing me lunch and dinner all week so I won’t waste energy cooking and I have found myself napping during the afternoons as the morning energy exerted seems to catch up to me around then.

I am still amazed by the work the surgeons did. It is just amazing. I feel like Humpty Dumpty – all put back together again. I have a lot of scars, but that’s ok. I don’t see myself entering any beauty pageants in my future, so I’m okay with that. I’m just thankful to be healthy and have this procedure that will last a lifetime.

Thanks for keeping up with me!

Xoxo,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Amazing woman you are Marcy. Thoughts and prayers continue to go upward on your recovery.

    ReplyDelete