Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Four Weeks Post-Op Update

Monday was four weeks post-op. I saw my surgeon that day. She took out the final drain (whoo hoo!) and told me, “See you in a month!”  I could not be happier with my decision to do this surgery, even though the recovery was horrid.

Good news is I’m standing up straight finally. However, there is still a lot of pain and tightness in my belly. I cannot walk fast and the doctor will not let me exercise (other than walking slow) or lift anything over 5 lbs. until the six weeks post op mark. Same thing with sleeping on my back with my legs elevated until week six. Oh how I want to lay on my side or stomach!!! I keep telling myself just two more weeks!

I’m headed back to work on Thursday, May 10 so I’m happy to be getting back to some normalcy. I’ve got a lot going on at work and I’m a bit nervous. I have to work every day but Mother’s Day through May 25 so that’s 15 out of 16 days. Not exactly the smartest decision, but I’m just going to have to pace myself and rest as much as possible. I’m planning on asking for help when I need it and just being smart. Please say a prayer I’m able to make it through it without too much pain and to give me the stamina I need.

Thanks as always for your love and support!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment