So I got my new haircut today and I’ll have it three weeks before my hair falls out. This is the shortest I’ve had it since I was four years old. I was proud of myself – didn’t cry at all. If you are my Facebook friend, I added two picture galleries – one of the new haircut and one of wig shopping. Let’s just say, I was never meant to be a blond, so have a good laugh at those!
I was also able to donate my hair to Locks of Love. They do not require donations to be a minimum of 10 inches anymore. They can use shorter pieces and I will have seven inches to donate.
Wig shopping was interesting. My mom and one of my best friends came along with me and we played around with many wigs and had some good laughs. While trying on the wigs, I had to put on a wig cap to hold my hair down – it was skin colored, so it was the first time I could imagine myself bald. I didn’t get upset, but it did bother me.
I’m still not sure about the whole wig thing and how it will look, but I received a human hair wig as a gift and my parents are going to buy me a synthetic one as well. I think I’ll just have to wait and see what I feel best in when my hair is gone. Nothing yet has felt quite like “me.”
At least I had some fun today and made the most of the situation.
Thanks for following along!
Love,
Marcy
I love the short hair! You look great!
ReplyDeleteKristi
Marcy,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about everything. I have been alongside my cousin, 36, since November of last year as she is battling stage 3 breast cancer. The chemo, although not "pretty", shrunk her tumors and her lymph nodes are now clear. So it does work.
My husband and I have been fighting infertility for the last 3 years and faced 3 miscarriages. My eggs are "too old" and of "poor quality" according to the dr's so we are now looking to do our first egg donor cycle this fall. Having eggs that don't work, chemo or no chemo, just plain sucks!
I guess what I am saying is that I understand a bit of what you are facing but I also know that it is never the same as walking in your shoes.
From one cheerleader to another...Go! Fight! Win!
Hey Marcy--
ReplyDeleteI like the new hair style. But you know me. I gotta thing for short styles. (HeeHee) There are lots of folks praying for you up here (talking about family AND non-family members now). I'm going to check out the pics of you and blond hair. Jim always wanted me to have blond hair. I did it ONCE!! I waited for him to come home that night so he could see it. What a joke that was!!! Then I promptly dyed it back. Let's just say "this" blond DID NOT have more fun!!
Lots of love to you sugar,
Tanya ^i^
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Girl!! I got a tip from an ex Chemo-er: when it's hot out, the wigs tend to slip around on your noggin'. To stop it from doing this, put a coffee filter under it!
ReplyDeleteWhodathunk?!?!
Keeping you in my thoughts!
~Nick T.