Thursday, July 9, 2009

First bit of good news…

I got a call from my breast surgeon yesterday afternoon. She received the results of my MRI. The feel they know the probable source of origin of my cancer now. It is a 2.6cm (over 1 inch) place that is in the left breast, lower 6 o’clock area (like if you were looking at the face of a clock). She said it is very deep in there and was not picked up in the mammogram as it would have been squeezed into the chest wall. The good news is that they do not believe it to be in the lymph nodes and is contained in the breast AND that after chemo, they believe it can be completed with a lumpectomy and radiation, so I would not require a mastectomy. The only way I would lose my breasts now is if the genetics test comes back positive read for the BRAC gene. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for that to come back negative next week. I have to go back to my breast surgeon on Friday for another biopsy of that source of origin area now. I guess God is determined to make me overcome my fear of needles, so I will get stuck again – UGH! Thanks for all the prayers and support. It must be working as I am so relieved for this first bit of good news. Let’s hope we continue to get better news each day!

With love,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Marcy,
    This is wonderful news. I am delighted and I know that God is looking after you. And your sweet Mama is a wonderful caretaker I know and I am so grateful that you have such a loving and wonderfully good, kind, really nice parents to be with you during this difficult time. Again, I've asked many prayer warriors to continue praying for. Take care of yourself and give my best to your Mom and Dad and a hug too.
    Dolores Augustine
    North Myrtle Beach, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we just met a few weeks ago through the Sports Communication Committee meeting, but I do wish you all the best and hope that everything is painless and very successful.
    Sharon Goldmacher
    communications 21

    ReplyDelete