Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chemo Update

I’ll be honest, I’m really not inspired to write right now, but felt like I should update on my chemo progress.

Thursday was my chemo session and I think I ate too heavy of a dinner on Thursday night, so I was really nauseous. Bad nausea. But I recovered. It wasn’t fun though and I didn’t sleep well that night.

Friday I was really tired. Couldn’t keep my eyes opened, but I was able to get some work done, but that was about it.

Saturday, I felt great. Caught up on the work I couldn’t get done on Friday and was feeling pretty good. Including walks twice a day – not long, but good enough. My biggest frustration was a swollen tongue. My doctor wasn’t sure what the deal was so I took Benadryl and it helped.

Today I still struggled with the swollen tongue. My doctor switched my nausea medicine from Composine to Zofran, and I think it has helped from the tongue standpoint. Chewing gum seems to help unlock the jaw and help with the tongue. I’m bored mostly. I want to be doing things and hate to rest. Played yahtzee with my mom a lot. Took more walks. Went to Old Navy today and got a few things. But I am real bored. Don’t want to nap anymore, but can’t do much else. Watching a few movies and mom cooked all day to make my meals for the week. I love her so much for taking care of my diet.

Back to work tomorrow, so hopefully, I will be okay. Early morning appointments tomorrow – echocardiogram first, then meeting with my breast surgeon about the mastectomy and reconstruction after chemo.

Sorry this isn’t my most informative blog, but at least it catches you up if you are interested in catching up with me.

Love,
Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you to have the strength and courage to deal with all you are facing. I also pray that you will, in time, see that there is an end to all of this madness and you will come out on the other side, cancer free.
    In Christian love,
    Carol Stone

    ReplyDelete