So I moved home on Saturday, June 29 after being away from home for three weeks. It has been so therapeutic to be home and have some kitty love. Both have been like magnets to me and that's been just perfect.
I had a lot of help getting settled in on Saturday and Sunday between my mom and friends, Michelle and Denise. The house is clean, everything unpacked, food in the house and a some purging/organization help from Denise. They all went overboard to make sure I had more than I could imagine to feel good at home.
Saturday, Michelle and I made a trip to the grocery store, but I used one of the riding carts for the first time ever. I was glad I used it as I just do not have the strength yet to be running around big places. I had the strength to do the shopping, but my body wasn't worn out after we finished. I'm still using a cane in public, but I'm getting around my house okay on my own and always using handrails on the stairs. I'm a little weak, but it is manageable to get around. I'm still taking one nap a day and that is a must from an energy standpoint and being diligent with my physical therapy.
My friend Kristy is taking me to my MRI appointment today and I've got my small group bible study coming to my house tonight.
I'm so thankful that my parents are getting a three-day break from me on yesterday, today and Tuesday to return to their routine after giving me an entire three weeks of care.
That's it for today. Say a prayer for a good MRI test today and continued healing for my physical strength and stamina. We get the MRI results on Wednesday which will let us know next steps for radiation.
Thank you again for everyone's support, kindness, prayers, gifts/cards, assistance and words of encouragement. I'm getting stronger every day!
Xoxo,
Marcy
YEAH!!! Good news....can't wait to see you tonight. :) ~Nina
ReplyDeleteWe Love you Marcy!!! We are praying for you everyday!! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove Travis, Happy, Eden, and Evans
Great news ... it sounds like you are getting stronger everyday ... you are in our prayers daily .... love you! Amanda
ReplyDeletestay strong, marcy. we're hanging in there with you!
ReplyDeletemike